I excel in throw on and go clothing. Seriously, ain’t nobody got time to spend on getting ready. But looking cute and feeling good in your wardrobe is attainable for even the laziest of fashionistas.Read More
So my favorite chain retail shop is having a pretty rad sale and I suggest you head over to Madewell and check it out! I'm stocking up on post baby goods!!! Here's what I purchased and what I'm lusting after... I am a sucker for loose tanks. They are perfect for nursing and reviews state this tank is super soft, so when you really just want to be naked, a loose soft tank you can easily pop a boob out of is #WINNING. Another love of mine. Large, baggy button ups!!! I am a huge fan of Madewell's button up shirts. This one is thin and soft via reviews, so I'm sold!!! I can wear a Felicity Slimming Nursing tank under this and boom. Breastfeeding adorableness. This skirt is my wild card purchase. I ordered up to a medium because reviewers claimed it to be a little suction-y, but I was a big fan of anything that sucked in my belly after having Rocco, so for a morning at the market with my new tank I think this is so super cute. I'll keep you posted on how it fits in 3ish months. I didn't purchase these joggers, but I am tempted to make a trip back to the site... Soft, comfy, and chambray. The reviews are glowing and they also come in an Olive green. My kryptonite. Okay, these are NOT on sale, but OMG I am lusting after these overalls like WHOA!!!! Definitely never thought I be saying that, these would be a breeze to nurse in paired with a baggy tank or a nursing tank and they are so stinking cute... I believe these will be a post-baby gift to myself!!! Another one not on sale, but I am full on IN LOVE with this top. It will be mine. Okay, so what'd ya buy!?!?! I must know! I live for shopping... and other things... Oh, shut up.
Just because you have a baby doesn't mean you can't still be a bad ass. I would like to think that I'm a cool mom and not a regular mom, so a fun pair of ripped up black denim and a solid leather jacket is the perfect remedy for the post baby body blues-- Say that 3 times fast!! I think attitude can be just as important as your actual clothes when you are trying to feel good in your skin… This can be crazy difficult after having a kid. I mean, when boyfriend jeans that used to be super loose barely squeak up your thighs it's hard not to break down!! And all of the "give yourself time" "you just had a baby" "it took 9 months to make a baby" nonsense does nothing to make you feel better. You just wanna cry. Eat a cookie. Then cry some more. I've found the trick for post baby jeans is [drumroll please] stretch. Those puppies need to have a crap-load of lycra!!! Now I'm not the type to buy jeans with stretch, I like good ol' denim so this was new for me, but I swear it's the best thing ever!! I know some of your are thinking, I don't want to waste money on transitional clothes, I hear ya, but you're wrong. Having a pair or 2 of jeans that make you feel awesome is absolutely worth the cost. Also, with stretch denim you will probably be closer to your normal size than you would think… but I'll warn you things can get a bit muffin toppy and this is where your slimming tanks and baggy tees come into play!!
[Note to those women who rock their maternity jeans much, much longer than you should…] Yes, some maternity denim will continue to fit after bambino especially for the fist few weeks, but once you are sans big baby tummy your pants will fall down, your hips will start to go back to their rightful place and you will probably have mom-jean butt… Buy yourself a pair. Do it.
My favorite denim with some give. I'm partial to skinny jeans, I think when worn correctly they work on all body types and are super duper flattering.
I love pajamas and I'm not gonna lie, this look is like barely 2 steps away from being sleep time attire. I bought this outfit for the dead of summer, but I couldn't help myself… And fringe booties and a leather jacket go with everything. So boom. Done. Comfortable and fashionable-ish. I kid you not when I say that these Sam Edelman Louie booties are literally one of my most perfect purchases ever!! They aren't cheap, but I swear to you they are magical and you will live in them! They are perfect for colder weather and look super cute paired with shorts in summer!! I'm a big, big fan! They are totally worth the splurge!
So, who's ready for bed?
I'm a dog person, like way more than a people person and I, mostly, like people. My boys, Hammond and Franklin, are sort of the best dudes on the planet. They bark at everything, leave their toys everywhere, Ham is a food thief, and Frank is a seat stealer. Alas, I love them more than life itself. The Captain and I are concerned that if we ever decide to procreate that we won't love the kid as much as the dogs. I hope that doesn't make you judge us… Any who, this outfit has become my uniform as of late, easy and stylish. I never thought I'd fall prey to the baseball cap trend, but damn if it's not so freaking cute and a great way to hide dirty hair. Speaking of hair, mine is growing!! Hooray. Okay, back to dogs. How cute are they!?!? Yes, I love them! Happy Wednesday!!!!!
photos via Kelsey Erin Photography | [cap] Madewell it's on sale!!! [jacket] old H&M, but I have my eye on this one [shirt] aka MY FAVORITE!!! Loft [denim] aka MY FAVORITE!!! Mother [booties] Possibly my most comfy booties Sam Edelman
So after seeing the multitude of snowy, frigid pictures over the past two days, I'm once again extremely glad that this is my cold weather gear. I mean, I have on a hat!?? In all actuality, I'm sort of jealous of the snow. Not the driving and living in the snow, but just the having a reason to stay bundled up and eat stews… that's my fantasy to wear a snuggy and eat stew. I mean even our Christmas vacation to the mountains of Idyllwild, CA resulted in 60 degree weather… That's not winter!! I suppose I just have to be okay eating my stew in less than freezing temperatures. How many times have I said stew??
Anywho, this jacket is literally the thing I love most in the world. Like material possession, not like my dogs or The Captain--- wellllllll… kidding, kidding dude! It's called the "perfect leather motorcycle jacket" and it is! OH. MY. GAWD. It is. If you are a leather jacket hoe-bag like myself than this is one to check out!! It feels as soft as all jackets I've lusted after with at least double the price tag. It's still pricey, but it's a forever piece and seriously, the more I wear it the sexier it gets.
So I'm interested, what is the one thing in your wardrobe that you couldn't live without!? Like you love more than life itself!?! I wanna know!!!
It's beginning to look a lot like traffic, rude people, and long lines… That sounds very bah-humbug, but the truth is I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! Love it, I just can't stand what the holiday season does to so many people, which is why I shop from home. I love purchasing all my holiday delights directly from the internets so that on the rare occasion that I step out into the retail world I'm able to keep a smile on my face and let people go ahead of me in line etc, etc. Moving on, after The Captain's dude list I got a few requests for a gift guide for the girlies!! So here you go!!
1. Love More Tee - I love ScoutMob's super awesome Shoppe that has tons of super cool independent designers and so many must have products. This tee from Arquebus Clothing out of Texas has the coolest shirts and I'm obsessed with this one! And considering how much some retailers try to sell graphic tees for this is a steal of a deal!!!
2. Naked 3 - So I can't wait to get this!! I'm a fan of the original and think that 3 has amazing shades that ARE different than the other 2 palettes, proof here. I think these shades are more subtle than the previous 2, but still have plenty of intensity! Perfect for a NYE bash or just grabbing brunch with friends. Fab.
3. Makeup Brushes - I lalalalove MAC makeup brushes and these sets are an affordable way to get 5 killer brushes. The super cute travel case also makes it very easy to… well, travel with them. Any girly-girl would love to get this set.
4. Rebecca Minkoff bag - This bag is so fab. It's like a fabulous angry Chanel without the 2 grand price tag. Perfect for any fashionista. RM is one of my favorite designers of quality, affordable handbags and this is a classic!
5. Rose hip & Red clay face mask - I love a good face mask and this company, Beridan Naturals, is one of the coolest brands around. Even their packaging is too cool for school. This pretty pink mask is perfect for cleansing and detoxing trouble skin! While the clay absorbs impurities and toxins, the rose hip powder exfoliates leaving skin smooth and bright. I want everything that they make!!
6. Madewell Tee - This looks so comfy that I can barely stand it. I love a clever gift, but a super soft well-made (see what I did there) tee is a perfect present. It would be great with jeans or maybe even paired with #12.
7. Fox Pillow - Sooo Foxxxxxyyyyyy. This pillow is just the cutest thing that I've ever seen. It's a fox pillow. I don't know why, I love it. So if the lady you are shopping for is a touch quirky this might make the perfect gift… and bonus, it's on sale!!!
8. Kate Spade Planner - I never thought I'd be a Kate Spade girl, but lately I've just loved everything they make. This planner is so fabulous and a perfect gift for the lady who is far too classy to put her important meetings in her iCalander. Plus, gold polka dots are, like, the best thing ever.
9. Diptyque Candle - This is for the chick who literally has everything. I don't ever think to buy myself a pricey, fancy candle, but I can assure you I would flipping love to get one as a gift. I think I'm speaking for most women when I say that. And this one smells of hazelnut, basically fall in a candle. Yes, please.
10. Betsy & Iya Ring - I mentioned my love of this brand before, but I toats love their style! I dig their jewelry and am a big fan of the way they run things! I love buying jewels from small companies because your piece is truly unique. You don't see it on every other person. I found them on Etsy and can't stop buying from them!!
11. Jane Austen Penguin Classics - This is for the book worm. I have a few of these Austen classics, but to get a whole set!? Be still my heart!!! These books are beautiful and look like art work displayed in your home. If your lady has mentioned on more than one occasion her love of Mr. Darcy or Mr. Knightley or Edmund, this is a much purchase.
12. Fancy Skirt - This is so fancy and beautiful and fancy. It would be super funky with a crop top, casual with a chambray shirt, über fancy with a silk top so many options!! Ladies love when their men buy them clothes… perhaps I should specify, ladies love when their men buy them AWESOME clothes. Did I mention it's fancy?
13. Spiralizer - Yes, yes, yes. The health nut in your life will jump for joy over this gadget. It makes zucchini pasta a snap and just in case you're thinking, "what the duck!? I just want regular pasta!!!" It also makes the perfect curly fries!!! Winning.
14. Chloe's Vegan Desserts - Chloe knows what she's doing. She's the only vegan chef to ever win Cupcake Wars, so naturally her dessert book is freaking awesome. Everything is delicious. Everything. Don't get me started on her chocolate chip cookies!!! Perfect for your veggie with a sweet tooth.
15. Global Bread Knife - Yes. A bread knife. What? I want a nice bread knife and Global knives are hands down my favorite. This knife is sexy and it's perfect for cutting up some yummy italian bread, slicing tomatoes, or stabbing the occasional zombie.